22 December 2004

the reason behind my name:

In the first chapter of the Song of Solomon, the Lord compliments His Bride, for He sees within her a quality which He intensely desires to cultivate and use.

"Behold, you are fair, my love! behold, you are fair! You have dove's eyes." SS 1:15

When a dove fixes its gaze upon its mate, it is not distracted by any activities around it. Therefore, it is often referred to as a "love bird."

Our having this "dove's eye" indicates the possession of a spiritual awareness and commitment which lifts us above the pulls of the earthly, and enables us to become sensitive to the Lord's presence, and obedient to His desire and purpose.

The Lord's favor rests upon those who have cultivated a "single eye" toward Him. These can be easily led by Him, for they are close enough to see which way His eye is looking.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." Psalm 32:8

the Lord is seeking those who are willing to be reduced to this singleness of vision. Only then will He be able to say, "Behold, you are fair, you have dove's eyes."

this is a personal prophecy i speak over my life

No comments: