(12 inch pizza crust)
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2/3 warm almond milk
2/3 potato starch
1/2 cup sorgum blend*
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
shortening for greasing pizza pan
brown rice flour for dusting
1. in a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk. set aside to foam for 5 minutes
2. in a seperate bowl- blend together potato starch, sorgum blend, xanthan gum, italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, olive oil, and cider vinegar
3. combine yeast mixture and flour mixture until ball forms. dough will be very soft.
4. grease a non stick cookie sheet with shortening. liberally dust dough with brown rice flour, then press dough into pan with your hands, continuing to dust hands with flour to prevent sticking as needed.
5. preheat oven to 425
6. bake pizza crust 10 minutes on the bottom rack, until crust begins to brown on the bottom. remove from the oven. the crust is now ready to be used!
1,000 gluten-free recipes, carol fenster, ph. d.