11 May 2010
* helps to understand inner life changes
* lessens fear, anger and jealousy (anger, jealousy, bitterness, and irritation are usually a result from wounded hearts.)
* inspires happiness in oneself and nature
* encourages introspection into one's own being
* strengthens and regenerates the body
* strengthens eyesight
* promotes patience, confidence and assertiveness
* protects against rejection
* promotes success, prosperity and health
* promotes peace, wisdom, friendship
* promotes purification, growth and rebirth
* heightens self esteem
* aids in healthy sleeping habits and dream recollection
* aids in healing heart, stomach, intestinal tract, lungs, spleen
* aids in digestion and fever reduction
* is said to slow the aging process
Peridot opens, cleanses and activates the heart, which can help one to release old baggage. All burdens, guilt and obsessions become cleared and a new psychological clarity and feeling of well-being begin. Peridot teaches that holding onto the past is counter productive. It shows you how to detach yourself from outside influences and how to look to your own higher energies for guidance. It assists in moving forward rapidly in therapeutic situations. It also helps you understand your destiny and spiritual purpose, helping you attain your full potential. All in all, the stone sharpens the mind and opens it to new levels of awareness.
Anger is an emotion peridot has been known to be very beneficial for. The stone calms the nervous system, helping to dissolve emotional tensions and bringing balance to the system. It actually attracts love and calms raging anger from within. It alleviates jealousy, resentment, and spite, and reduces stress.
The Peridot stone can be extremely beneficial to those who are having self-esteem problems. The stone enhances confidence and assertion without aggression. It helps a person see their own light and recognize that they are deserving of love. It assists in looking back to the past at negative experiences, and shows a person how to forgive himself. Peridot helps deal with guilt, whether it is self-imposed, or the product of others manipulative ways. It can help you to admit your mistakes and move on, taking responsibility for your own life, especially when you believe it is all someone else’s fault. It also helps those who feel they have little personal power as working with the stone or keeping one with you will give you that extra boost you might need. It is stimulating to one’s energy level, promoting vitality both physiologically and psychologically. It is invigorating and rejuvenating, promoting access to ones inner vision and joy.
Peridot also has other psychological effects and uses. It can help one overcome hypochondria. It can greatly improve difficult relationships. It treats phobias, particularly those associated with fears of the dark, becoming like a security blanket to a small child. Peridot represents wealth and financial success (think of its green hue) and also attracts romance.
my sister introduced me to this rock in lieu of similar typical baggage. she has truly been an inspiration to me in my life right now. we are connected. by blood. by spirit. and through the energy of this rock.
posted by Lauren D'Auria at 3:01:00 PM