Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 large, peeled and cubed baking potatoes
1 finely sliced, washed leek
3 finely minced cloves garlic
3 tablespoons butter substitute OR olive oil
3 tablespoons rice/amaranth flour
1 quart gluten free chicken stock
1 cup soy/rice milk OR light coconut milk
2-3 teaspoons dried, crushed thyme leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the cubed potatoes just until tender but not over-cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter substitute in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add amaranth/rice flour and whisk until the mixture forms a paste. Continue to whisk until the mixture is bubbly and thick, about two minutes.
3. Add leeks and garlic and cook for two minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
4. Add the drained potatoes!
5. Slowly add chicken broth and whisk to mix.
6. Add milk and stir to blend. Add seasonings and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve warm.