05 September 2009

in a few days i will be a texan. an austinite. i am very excited to be moving back into a city more my speed. one that makes me feel welcome. one that doesn't put pressure on me to be a certain way, one that isnt always in a hurry. an eco friendly, bike friendly, dog friendly, southern hospitable city. one with water, hills, the largest urban bat colony, desert sand, everything i could want. its a bigger more progressive richmond, a warmer brooklyn with out the traffic. a place full of originality. full of new ideas. hardly any chains businesses. keep austin weird. a place where its not going to be a shocker that i bring my own reusable bags. i plan on sneaking in on some classes at UT, working at the local co-op, maybe get a moped, soak up as much new music as i can discover. a huge deck calls for a huge garden. which calls for hopefully eating much healthier. im ready. i need some fresh air. and i cant wait to explore the south west. this will be a new start for us. a good one. a place that is not my city or your city, but our city. one we can discover together. it will be good. im ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for some time, and I know you said a while back that you wanted to move to Austin! I can't believe you are actually moving here! how awsome! the weather is getting cooler just in time for ACL! I hope you like it here..I can't wait to read about your new discoveries...Welcome home :-)

Anonymous said...

awww butta